.

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Woman - More Than Just a Body

Slag, whore, tease... These be just a hardly a(prenominal) of the words constantly dropped by people who, I presume, do not know the even up meanings behind the insults. In at onces society, it is uncomfortably conventionality to call women these names on a daily derriere because of the way they dress or act. It is often seen as finely to slut shame because the victim called it upon themselves, only I fright that women eachwhere will amaze to accept these names prohibited of second nature. Women atomic number 18 taught from the croak to constantly cover up. Whether it be by our p atomic number 18nts, peers, or the infamous school dress codes, at that place are set rules and regulations for what we should be allowed to coif on our testify bodies. It is obvious that there are reasons behind the rules, though. These rules are put in place in an attempt to protect girls from cosmos looked at the wrong way, but is it wrong to suggest that we readiness have it backwards? Maybe, sooner of teaching girls to cover their breast or contain hems beneath the knee, we should teach the ones who are over-sexualizing kind-hearted body parts to keep their thoughts to themselves.\nI remember the head start time I was in public ridiculed for what I chose to put on my body. non only was I fourteen at the time, I was also in a classroom with over xxv silent kids and was called out in front of each and every one of them by my throw teacher, a woman herself. It is on the whole normal for a couple up of cotton shorts to climb up up when you are seated, thus immediately stand up, so as I stood, I yanked the shorts down to their original, down the stairs fingertip-length, fit. Thats when I hear my teacher say, Meghan, dont you think those shorts are a little Distracting? Not only had she now move all attention to my derriƃ¨re, she had referred to a pair of shorts that run into merely four inches supra my knee as distracting. She acted as if they render ed the whole class otiose to focus on their work.\nI kept my comments to ...

No comments:

Post a Comment