.

Monday, September 30, 2019

Habits Essay

HABIT 1: BE PROACTIVE In my own personal life I can apply this particular habit by seeing see the good side of things such as my family and how we are in society.   I should not base my happiness on what surrounds me; rather, I should seek my own happiness from within myself.   I should not let my family get in the way of my own happiness.   As a teacher I have to know that there are things that I can do on my own to make the learning experience more enjoyable.   I have to seek things I can do for my students on my own. HABIT 2: BEGIN WITH THE END IN MIND I have to focus and seek what I want for myself; however, I have to consider that what I want should be based on my individual personality.   I always wanted to be a teacher and I can say that I am now where I envisioned myself to be.   I have to set realistic goals.   In my professional life, I have to act and work according to the goals I have set and when and if I do reach these goals, I have to set brand new goals to pursue. HABIT 3: PUT FIRST THINGS FIRST I am sure that at this point I will have set what is important for me.  Ã‚   I believe that I should always have to come first, followed by my family, then my friends, and all the others coming after.   I prioritize myself to be able to give to others – I have to love myself first to be able to give love.   Being a teacher, my first priority are my students and what I can teach them, all the rest are secondary to this important priority. HABIT 4: THINK WIN-WIN I want my family to enjoy the same things that I enjoy.   What I have, I also want those who are important to me to have, so I have to be decisive and courageous in seeking these things.   In the same manner, I want my students to be as empowered as I am as a teacher, so to enjoy this mutual benefit, I have to remain vigilant in defending their rights and their capacities. HABIT 5: SEEK FIRST TO UNDERSTAND, THEN TO BE UNDERSTOOD I should not act like I know everything.   I should try to consider others as a means of enriching myself.   If I want other people to appreciate me and consider me for what I am I should be sensitive and responsive to others.   I consider my students sources of learning in as much as they consider me a source of their knowledge.   This way, the chain of understanding remains open in both ways. HABIT 6: SYNERGIZE Since I value my family and friends I should consider them in everything especially in things I want to achieve.   I have to allow them to work with me and allow myself to work with them for a more holistic approach in everything I do.   Problems are solved easier with many contributing to the solution and so I must not shut out my students from problems that we normally come across with in education.   I have to accept the fact that as a teacher there are problems that are better solved with my students contributing to the solution. HABIT 7: SHARPEN THE SAW I personally know that I am athletic, emotionally open, socially considerate, and spiritually decided.   I have to focus on these four strengths of mine so that I do not remain static and continue and consistently improve in general.   Teaching requires that I focus on what I am good at and build on this.   I am very good with children and can simplify complicated information quite effectively.   I believe that I should hone my skills in these areas to become a more effective teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment